Our Worship Services
“For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” – Matthew 18:20
Welcome! Please join us this Sunday for worship and fellowship at one of our services. Our pastor, Reverend John Wesley Taylor leads (2) worship services each with their own style:
9:00am: Come participate in time-honored traditional-style worship service. Sing hymns while accompanied by the organ, piano, harp, and other instruments. Listen to our church choir, one of our handbell choirs, or our a capella's mens group. Nursery service is available for small children and the Faith Formations program for children from Preschool through High School.
11:00am: Contemporary-style worship service. We start each service with music from a live band followed by a scripture-based lesson relating the meaning of God's word to our world today helping us choose the paths at life's crossroads which leads to a closer walk with God. Sing along with the band or just listen to the music!
We look forward to meeting you!
If you are interested in more information in any area, please contact our office @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect
You may be wondering what it's like inside our 4 walls on a Sunday morning. Here's some info that might help you decide to make one of the best decisions you'll ever make:
- There are no secret handshakes, although we do admit someone will be at the door to shake your hand and say good morning and welcome!
- You don't have to dress up and we do not have a dress code. Wear whatever is comfortable for you - jeans, khakis, dress, princess tu-tu....it's all good!
- We don't expect you to memorize or recite anything without giving you the words to follow along. When you walk in, we will hand you a paper "agenda" for the worship service (it is also available in large print) It includes everything you need to know to follow along during worship. We also display everything on a projected screen in case you miss the paper handout. Assistive listening aids are also available.
- We love babies! Young ones are welcome during services, but if your little one doesn't mind a little time away, we have nursery care available.
- Kids start off 9am worship sitting with their parents. About 10-15min into the service, we have a special, short "children's message" after which all children are welcome to leave the sanctuary to attend an age-specific Sunday School class. Your children will be waiting for you in their classrooms with lesson materials and artwork in hand once the service concludes. Teachers will make sure your child gets to the right class for their age group, but you are welcome to accompany them as they depart worship to help them get settled.
- Need to use the restroom or stretch your legs? You are welcome to get up and leave the worship service at any time and return at any time!
- In between services you are invited to join us for Joyful Java where we have coffee, donuts, and fellowship!