We are privileged at FUMC to have many incredible musicians who share their talents with us weekly! Led by the diversely skilled Reverend Elizabeth Kubota, we seek to incorporate many styles of music into our weekly worship services as well as during special events. Our offerings are limited only by the willingness of friends and members to offer their gifts of song or instrument!
Here is a sampling of the various music ministry offerings you will find at FUMC:
- Contemporary worship band plays at our weekly 11:00 AM Crossroads worship service and offers modern Christian music mixed in with some favorite hymns
- Traditional vocal choir sings at our weekly 9:00am service
- Gospel Accord- our men's vocal choir is led by Dennis Deyo, who arranges musical settings for this talented group of male singers
- Double Treble- our beautiful duet of cello and piano- performed by Christine Tsen (cello) and Amy Neil (piano) play several times per year
- 3 Handbell choirs perform sporadically throughout the year and are led by "Ringer-in-chief", Cynthia Hamburger
For more information on any of our musical offerings, or to tell us what YOU can contribute, please contact Rev. Kubota directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like to sing? Enjoy joining your voice with others to make beautiful music? Join in one of our vocal choirs!! Below is a list of the groups and their practice schedules.
- Sanctuary Choir: Our sanctuary choir provides music for our Traditional worship service all throughout the year. They sing a variety of music from classical gospel music to contemporary praise song anthems. Periodically during the year for special holiday services, the sanctuary choir performs special, more extensive music programs called cantatas. All are welcome to join in! Practices are on Tuesday nights at 7:30pm during the school year.
- Jubilate Deo: A sextet of all women, this choir rehearses weekly during the school year to provide music during the 9am worship service on a monthly basis in addition to supporting special healing worship services such as the Blue Christmas service and an Easter Vigil. While it's referred to as a sextet...all are welcome!
- Gospel Accord: Our all-men's a capella vocal choir.
We are blessed at FUMC to have 3 handbell choirs that bring us beautiful music ringing 5 octaves of bells! We have 2 adult handbell choirs and 1 choir for youth. Details about each handbell choir below:
- Good News Ringers (Adults) : Rehearse Wednesdays at 7 pm
- Praise Ringers (Adults) : Rehearse Thursdays at 7:30 pm
- Joyful Sound (Grades 7-12): Rehearse Tuesdays from 7:30-8:15pm
Interested in getting involved with our music ministry? We would love to hear from you. Fill out the simple form below and we will be in touch with you!